Monday, January 5, 2009

Project: Basement

Kristen worked very hard on our basement last winter, see this post. But then the weather warmed up and summer took hold. Then hunting season, meaning the basement project was put on the backburner. Until about November when panic set in because the basement wasn't finished and my parents were coming for Christmas.
We hired our neighbours to do the plastering for us since that would have been the hardest part for Kristen to do. In a few days we pulled some late nights and went from this:
To this:
There's still more to be done but at least the worst of it is over.
I'm so proud of Kristen, with exception to the plastering and the bit of painting that I helped with, he did this all himself. I personally think he did a GREAT job! I was the one who also thought of the brown accent wall to tone down the yellow a bit even though he tries to take credit.
Will have more photos once we complete the bedroom and bathroom.
Today's Quote:
The Universe has a plan to make sure we don't ever stop learning, not only in our minds, but also in our hearts.  ~Pam Houston

1 comment:

Photo Quilts said...

I love it! Awesome job!