Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baby Update: 35 Weeks

35 weeks....getting down to the wire now. Only 5 weeks and I'll officially be a Mom.
Scary stuff.....lol.
But very happy & exciting at the same time.
Last night I FINALLY started painting the nursery. It'll probably be an all week project since I'm taking my time, and I'm also doing the trim first (since that's the part I hate doing the most)
I'm super happy with the colour though, its exactly as I hoped it would be.
I'll post pictures when the nursery is completed....not before, so don't ask :)
But I will share a couple of photos from my baby shower on Saturday. I don't have many yet but I can share these couple.
First a picture of the OH SO AWESOME cake....when my friend Vicki asked if I saw the cake I said no? To realize I did in fact see the cake but I thought it was a decoration.
I immediately fell in love!
 
Thanks to Vicki's Aunt Angie for making it....the girl sure has talent!
Also everyone who attended the baby shower was each given a onesie or diaper shirt to decorate for Baby Hann.
I've never seen anything like this done at a shower before and loved the sentiment behind it.
There were two blanks left over, so I coloured one and Kristen has yet to complete his.
 ----------------------
Here's a few decorated by the guests

A bit closer up...
"Spit Happens" is one of my favourites

When I have more photos I'll definitely share.
I've been so blessed to have the best friends & family who so generously gave to Kristen & I 
To the point that there's barely anything that we'll need to buy ourselves. I really don't know how to express in words how truly grateful and appreciative we are :)
Thank You!
-------------------------
Today's Quote
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be Happy Now! Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and SAVORED!"
~Earl Nightingale

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

Love the onesie idea...awesome!!