Friday, June 12, 2009

Food Friday: Roasted Potatoes

I love potatoes, if it wasn't for potatoes having so much starch I'm probably eat them way more than I do.
My favourite way to eat potatoes are mashed and loaded down with goodies like onions, bacon, cheese, sour cream....yeah you get the idea.
Or very plain and simply oven roasted. 
In the summer months I cannot buy enough mini potatoes at the farmers market.
There are SO many variations of making roasted potatoes. 
Here's ONE of my versions
Roasted Mini Potatoes
1lb mini potatoes (approx)
1/2 cup zesty italian dressing
2 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
2-3 cloves chopped garlic (use powder if you don't have fresh but garlic is a must)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Mix well, cover with foil in glass baking dish and bake approx 45 min at 350. 
Another version is:
Olive Oil
Rosemary
Thyme
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Bake same as above instructions.
Today's Quote
“What I say is that, if a fellow really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow"
~ A.A. Milne

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

mini potatoes...mmmmmm