Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekend in Review

It was a very busy weekend, it wasn't planned to be that way, it just worked out to that.
Friday night friends came to visit unexpectedly. It was nice actually having a crowd at the house and being able to entertain.
Saturday Kristen & I tried to purchase a rain barrel from our local town but that didn't exactly work out when cars were backed up in all directions for hours waiting in line. To find out they only had just over 300 barrels for sale for our whole region. I have no idea who planned that, considering our town alone has over 8000 people. Anyway....we didn't get a rain barrel, looks like we may have to buy one at full price.
The rest of the day was spent going to yard sales (more on that tomorrow)
And then finally getting our veggie garden ready for the summer. Kristen did most of the work, I just helped here and there. Since he's the green thumb in the family I figure it's better that I help in other areas.
Here's the finished product...we still have some peppers & tomato plants to get in the ground...just haven't quite figured out where we're putting those yet.
The carrots
 
Our herb pots

  
Also Boone had dug up Kristen's clamatis flower one day last week when I let him play in the backyard unsupervised. Here's the "new" clamatis plant to replace it.

Kristen also planted up some additional flowers on the side of our veggie garden. Sunflowers & dahlia's
 
Sunday I went to the digital photography show and loved the seminars that I attended. One was by Gary Fong  who is a veteran of wedding photography. He has since retired from that and now runs a business of flash gear such as the lightsphere 
I was really impressed by him, he was funny, serious when he needed to be, ultimately a salesman but overall a very enjoyable personality. I completely understand why he's been so successful.
Phew...and that was my weekend.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Quote
Of all the many joyful obligations of our existence, the garden here has been the most sustaining just in part because it is the most rhythmic, through winter, spring, summer, and fall. It actually has taught us to love every day of our life. One cannot ask more of love for a garden than that.
~ Joe Eck and Wayne Winterrowd

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

I love your little garden, it looks so beautiful! I want one!