Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend in Review

What a weekend!
I didn't think it was going to be a busy one, but it sure ended up being exactly that.
Friday night headed to Kristen's late night hockey game, he played in a tourament this weekend.
Saturday was up very early to head to Ikea for breakfast and some shopping. As previously mentioned, I think I'm somewhat started my nesting phase and both Kristen & I were "on the ball" to get some accessories to complete our house. We had a great time. Got some great deals and the house already feels and looks better. I'll post pictures later in the week.
That's only a tip of the iceberg though. Still a LOT on my/our "to-do" list.
After Ikea, I cooked lunch. Kristen went to another hockey game and I stayed home since my brother was visiting and I had house cleaning to do plus a lasagna to make. Which by the way turned out to be probably one of my best lasagna's ever :) Yeah it was that good!
After dinner we headed to our friends house for a birthday party (small & quiet with a few friends)
Sunday up again....made breakfast and off to Walmart to get an awesome 6' book shelf that was priced soooooo good we couldn't pass up on it. We're getting a 2nd one but could only get 1 yesterday since that's all that would fit in the car.
Headed to Kristen's last hockey game of the tournament. Came home, ate, did the dishes, went for a Sunday evening drive to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Then spent the rest of the night setting up our new shelves from Ikea, putting all our dvds in the new walmart book shelf and hanging photos in our basement.
Seriously can't wait to take photos of it all to share with you.
Such a busy but oh so productive weekend.
Oh and in between all of that I'm about half way through reading Twilight. Would like to say the more I read it the more disappointed I am in the movie :( but loving the book for sure!
Today's Quote:
“Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do.”
~Unknown

No comments: