Friday, March 20, 2009

Food Friday: Birthday Cake

First I would like to thank everyone for last weeks contributions, I had so much fun seeing all these new ideas, that I might do this once a month or once every couple of months, so get those thinking caps on for next time.
Here's last weeks recap:
Myrna: Fajitas
Jen: Chicken Parmesan
Holly: Spinach salad with mushrooms, bacon & poppyseed dressing
Blaine: Good 'ol Spaghetti....YUM!! Don't forget the garlic bread, I'm such a garlic bread junkie :)
Stephanie: Right Side Up Pork Chops which is served with steamed broccoli & mashed potatoes.
I haven't tried this one yet since I didn't have everything in the house to make it. I will be picking up the ingredients this weekend when I go grocery shopping for next weeks meal plan, for sure!
This weeks meal plan: Birthday Cake
Sunday is my birthday....yay!
My last year in my 20's ....c'est la vie.
I'm really not much of a baker, I have a few tried and true cookie recipes that I stick with.
Not to mention when I do bake cake, it's from a box...yep I'm guilty.
I'm also a chocolate person, which meant chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
Until Jen introduced me too.....
French Vanilla Frosting
I honestly don't remember if it's a Betty Crocker brand or not (this was the only photo I could find)
So go and bake a cake any chocolate flavour will do, the more fudgey the better in my opinion.
Once cooled, slather vanilla frosting all over it.
YUMMY!
Happy Birthday to me.
Today's Quote
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. ~Lucille Ball

No comments: