Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Day

So I did some research on Wikipedia about Pancake Day....it appears I didn't think of this when I was doing this weeks meal plan :)
Wikipedia says
"The festival is widely associated with the eating of foods such as pancakes, and often known simply as Pancake Day, originally because these used up ingredients such as fat and eggs, the consumption of which was traditionally restricted during Lent"
I know a lot of people even hide money in the pancakes. I don't really remember doing this growing up, nor will I be having pancakes tonight. Mainly because I'm not a big fan of them.
Just curious what traditions you might have had or if you'll be giving anything up for Lent this year?
I've decided I won't be giving anything up for Lent this year either. Boy do I sound like a stick in the mud today. I'm really not :)
Today's Quote
I'm an optimist. It keeps me going. I believe in the potential good.   ~Robert Redford

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

OMG! I totally forgot about pancake day. I Love pancakes and would have made them for sure if I'd remembered. I do them every year. Now I'm having fajitas instead...