Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day


I hope you're as proud to be Canadian as I am :) ....if you're not Canadian I hope you're just a proud to be whatever you are :)

I love the freedom we have, I love that Canadians are known for being "nice" or "polite" I love our land, the mountains, the oceans, the trees (I love trees) I love that we have a culture uniquely ours (despite people selling out to American media...but that's a post for another day), us being the neighbours of the Great White North.

Thing is, I'm not going to attend any major celebrations or fireworks shows today to honour that. But I am going to enjoy my day at home, a quiet day to simmer a pot of chili (that recipe coming soon) catch up on some laundry (which I can cause FINALLY it's going to be a nice day without rain that I can put clothes out on the line) and listen to some music while doing whatever odds & ends chores that I want to catch up on.

To me that's what being Canadian is, living a simple life with a great appreciation for nature and the ability to have a quiet day without the constant hum of 'city noise'

What makes you proud to be Canadian?

No comments: