Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Night Shots

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but today feels like an appropriate time in light of the photos I'm posting.
Kristen is a photographer too.
As a child I've loved photos, always enjoyed taking pictures but mostly of people. My first camera was a 35mm that my parents gave to me for Christmas when I was in Grade 4 or 5 (1989-1990). I used that camera until I got with Kristen in 1998...wow that makes me feel old.
Because....when I got with Kristen....he had a Nikon FG-20 and it took AWESOME flim pictures. I had no idea the difference a SLR lense makes to a photo.
He's inspired me the most when it comes to photography. And is the most supportive when I'm pursuing this new business of doing photo shoots.
He's also the one who debates with me who should get the camera, who actually "own's" the camera, who should take the photo....I think you get the idea.....
And much to my dismay...he reads something about photography and understands it much quicker than I do. I actually have to study and think about what I'm learning. Kristen just "get's it" So while in the Dominican he decides he's going to try some night shots by the fountain using a technique he read about months ago and probably only read it once. I LOVE how they turned out.
My attempt at it.....
This is just a regular night shot using the timer...no effects hereOh and forgot to mention that Maggie (our cat) did not take kindly to us being gone for a week. When I got home she had ALL of my socks dug out of my sock drawer. She has a new habit of getting in the drawer, so my theory is she was trying to get in because it has my scent (stinky feet and all) since she missed me. Really who knows why but I like this theory best :)
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I say better the sock drawer than the underwear one :)

Awesome pics by the way!