Monday, January 23, 2006

Babysitting Samantha & Jacob




I'm pretty sure I had mentioned previously about babysitting Samantha & Jacob (my cousins) on Jan. 7th just getting the pictures downloaded now....shame shame. Anyway my Aunt and Uncle were going to my Uncles Christmas party and asked if it were okay for the kids to spend the night. I said sure, no problem. They were very excited, especially Jacob who had never slept over anywhere before, he had apparently been counting down the sleeps all that week. We basically watched movies and for a while they played hockey in the basment with Kristen. Jacob is a very affectionate boy, he always wants to be cuddled or be up in your lap. Samantha is pretty independant but doesn't like to be left out of the loop, so when Jake got up with Kristen she wanted to as well.

But one thing I cannot explain is why these kids ALWAYS get hurt when I babysit them. Samantha had an ankle injury while playing hockey. Jacob did a big swing at the ball and missed and hit her ankel, which quickly ended the hockey game. Then a while later (I missed this whole incident) Jacob and Kristen were in the kids room and Jacob bumped his head on the nightstand. I think you can see the bruise in the picture. Both were minor injuries and were fine after they shed the few tears. I guess its part of being kid and being busy.

Overall we had fun and the kids didn't want to leave (which I take as a compliment) cause if they were eager to leave that wouldn't reassure me much of my parenting skills. Don't know when they'll visit again but hopefully there won't be any injuries and they'll still enjoy being with us :)

2 comments:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I'm glad that your getting in some practice too :) You guys will make great parents.

Myrna Hynes said...

I'm surprised Aunt Bernice still lets you babysit...lol...just kidding. They're so cute, sounds like you had fun. It's good being able to give them back tho' eh?