Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas & 2009 Year In Review

I know I'm very late with this post but it wouldn't be right if I didn't do my year in review post.
This past year, 2009, has been absolutely amazing!!!
I've themed it the year of Jesse for obvious reasons. I had went into 2009 hoping that Kristen & I would soon be blessed with starting our family and in January it happened.
I went from this

To this....


To this....

And to now where we celebrated a wonderful Christmas with 3 month old Jesse



Lobsters on Christmas eve

Cookies & Milk for Santa and don't forget carrots for the reindeer

Jesse didn't get a thing! LOL :)

Christmas Day
Mommy & Jesse with Cousins Brittany and Baby Alexis she is 13 days older than Jesse


Then New Years was quiet....started out with dinner with friends




And ended with a quiet evening at home with my parents playing card games :)
On New Years Day Kristen deep fried the turkey

My Mom & I did the fixin's!! It was delicious!


This past Christmas and really all of 2009 was truly about Family.
I went into last year making my new years resolution to be a better person and yet things never work out how you think they will.
It was YOU who showed me how amazing YOU are.
The generosity and love shown to us the minute we shared that we were expecting was just overwhelming. We cannot thank you enough and I'm so humbled by the experience.
 It wasn't me making me a better person it was you...from the bottom of my heart....THANK YOU!
----------------
This year I want to pay it forward, this year my new years resolution is to GIVE.
Be generous, give more of my time, go pro with my photography but include "free" items with every package, show love the way it was shown to Kristen, Jesse & I in 2009.
This year I turn 30...I know...its sad leaving my 20's but I'm looking forward to a new decade, a new genre of adulthood.
And with that its with VERY mixed emotions that I announce the end of this blog. Quirky Christa....
I started my blog of ramblings in 2005 I can't believe I'm into my 5th year as a blogger, even before it became mainstream and the "thing" to do but with starting my own business and becoming a mother maintaining two blogs have become too much.
So in the coming weeks I'll be launching my new blog...no worries, I'll be posting the link here. Along with launching my photography website.
It'll still be the usual me, with giveaways, contests, recipes and ramblings. But my photography will also be incorporated. I hope you don't mind :) oh and a new look too!
I'm going to miss this blog but it's time to move on. I'll be doing a few more posts before moving over to the new blog and I cannot thank you enough for your loyalty, patience and continually "checking back" to see if I've done a post or not as I've adjusted to motherhood.
I love being a mom but it's been quite the challenge to say the least :)
Again thank you....without you there would be no quirky christa...well I'd still be quirky just nobody to share my ramblings with.....lol.

Okay now I'll end this post since it's quite long. Would love your feedback as always as I continue on my journey of life. I'm so happy with where I am right now and look forward to whatever the future may hold. Please tag along, I love the company!
Much love, Quirky Christa~




6 comments:

Quirky Christa said...

Okay now I'm crying....I love this blog :( but I know it's time and the right thing to do. Love you all!

vicki said...

I love this blog too! I'm really going to miss reading it. It had become part of my daily routine! :(

Anonymous said...

ahhhh....sooo sweet and well put...You have done a fabulous job with the blog and now that motherhood has "hit you" (LOL) we all realize that you have less time to spend letting us know the scoop...anyhow..looking forward to what you have planned and hoping that your photography buisness BOOMS and Jesse being the highlight so we can see him LOTS! I'm sure you will do well and has for the motherhood..sorry, but it dosent really get any easier as they get older but you do what you have to do for your children, regardless of how we feel!

Myrna Hynes said...

I'll miss the Quirky blog too...but I'm looking forward to your new look and your new photography, etc. By the way, are those pics of New Years (Vic and Steve, Jo and Chris) on the new lens?...cause they are awesome shots! All the best on your new 2010 adventures!

Tara said...

Booohooo....I'm so sad. I'll miss you and your blog! Can't wait to see what 2010 has to offer....I'm sure you'll be successful at anything you put your heart, mind & soul to.

Best of luck...don't be a stranger!
hugs

Tara said...

per Myrna's comment, what new lens? did i miss something? what lens did you get? perhaps a 50mm fixed??