Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Run

A few years ago a song came out by Snow Patrol, most of you have probably forgotten about this band. I have not, since the couple of songs that came out I LOVED! Including a song called Run.

Lead singer Gary Lightbody said of the song in Q Magazine April 2007:



"I've never told anyone before and I don't want to spoil it for people because it has its own meaning for them. But in 2000 I was on a massive bender and one night I was drinking in the bar of the Glasgow School Of Art. I fell down a full flight of stairs. Jonny Quinn (Snow Patrol's drummer) found me in the stairwell with blood coming out of my head. He said I looked like a police chalk line and he thought I was dead.


I was very lucky. A fall like that could easily finish you off. I split my head open and my eye was closed and I lost a few teeth. I was put on a plane to see my mum and dad and they were terrified when they saw me. I wrote Run soon after in this little guitar I'd tried to smash up in my s**t little room near Hillhead. The words 'Light up, light up' gave this sense of a beacon. There had to be a light at the end of a tunnel."

 
Then as of late a newer version of Run came out by Leona Lewis, and not only did I fall in love with the song all over again, as depressing as it is. She just BLOWS the original out of the water. The lungs on this girl is amazing....!
If you have a chance check out the video of her singing it on You Tube, CLICK HERE!
 
 
Today's Quote
"We should not feel embarrassed by our difficulties, only by our failure to grow anything beautiful from them" ~Alain de Botton

1 comment:

Myrna Hynes said...

Call me a sucker for gospel-type stuff but my favourite part (as in a lot of the BEST songs) is the choir/orchestra.