Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family Day '09

I had a wonderful weekend. Went to Kristen's hockey game, had my first pedicure which was awesome, more because of the people rather than the actual pedicure. If you're going to be in the Halton Hills area, check out Blue Springs Spa without hesitation. Then Saturday evening my brother came to visit and Kristen made his awesome ribs and I attempted the potatoes I suggested on Friday for your Valentines meal. Overall they were good but a bit undercooked, I was way off with the baking time and the smoking of the ribs...sorry guys :(
Sunday spent some time with friends and Monday was family day! Okay I took a tonne of photos so today here's just a few. Tomorrow I'm hoping to have more of Boone running, jumping, etc cause he was just so excited to be out in the snow, in wide open spaces.
Our first photo is Boone, yes that's the view from my side mirror. He was tickled pink to be headed to the great outdoors, regardless if it were cold or not.
I love this shot of Boone
By this time I was quite cold (I can't believe I forgot my mittens) I think the oh-so-bright sun was deceiving. But I did convince hubby for a quick photo before hitting the road again
Say cheese!
Told you I was cold, I look frozen to death.
And here's Boone....waiting at the fence to go in the car again.
Today's Quote
"When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, 'Oh yes -- I already have everything that I really need" ~The Dalai Lama

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hey stranger....it feels like forever since I came here. Hmmmm... anyways, I LOVE the first photo of Boone!!! Looks like 'another' Ontarian friend had a fun 'family day' - just making me more envious that we nb'ers DON'T get this holiday (which SUCKS)!!! I guess I'll have to move back to Ontario to get it!!!