Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Boone Update

I feel like I've given Boone a bad wrap when I was having a hard time walking him.
He's a good dog, a great dog and I'd never give him up. But there are days he's difficult, and I'm frustrated and he "knows it"
However we've since found the solution to the hyperness and not listening when I'm trying to walk him. Kristen purchased a leash called a Gentle Leader. Basically it's a regular leash with an additional loop that goes around his nose, if he tries to pull ahead it causes him to turn back around and end up facing me instead of getting away from me :)
So far so good......and Boone is still as awesome as ever!
Today's Quote
"You must take chances. If you do nothing, you reduce the possibilities you have for greater joy"  ~Walter Anderson

1 comment:

Tara said...

Ahhhhhh... NOW STOP putting photos of your BEAUTIFUL BOONE cuz it's REALLY making me want a Golden Retriever. His is BEAUTIFUL.... despite his mis-behaviours!!!

You ARE a good mom....but we can't be perfect as mothers, you know!!!