Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Be Still

Not sure if you recall my New Years resolution to be Quiet, to listen, be still.....you get the idea. I would like to give you an update. I honestly feel I've done a great job of it. I haven't necessarily sat down to become a regular meditator per se....but I've certainly started listening to my inner voice, following my passions, and acting on it.
Today there are a couple of things I'd like to share.
First: the photography, it's been listening to my heart when it prompts me to follow that I honestly believe I am where I am today. I never thought at the beginning of 2008 that I would be doing semi-regular photo shoots, learning so much about photography itself, editing and the equipment, I never thought I'd be putting my photography on display for the purpose of selling. And yet, here I am. I truly believe God gives us passions & desires because that's what we're meant to do, it's our purpose. Then it's up to us to decide what to do with it. We can pursue it as a career, keep it as a hobby, or simply talk about the 'idea' of it and do nothing.
Second: I feel I know what I want from life more now than I ever have before. I know I don't know exactly who I am and what I want but I feel like I have a much better grasp now than I ever have in my 28 years of life.
So both of the above things are prompting me to read the book "The Secret" there's a lot of propaganda surrounding this right now because of Oprah, but the jest of it is a think therefore I am theory. If you want something, you think it and it happens. I'm going to read it, I'm going to envision my life, future, etc and watch it all play out. I know it's kind of 'new-agey' but that's not why I'm reading it, I'm reading it to further my decision to think postively & believe :) Have some faith people!
Today I finish up with these quotes about happiness & spituality
"Allowing the truth of who you are—your spiritual self—to rule your life means you stop the struggle and learn to move with the flow of your life."—Oprah
By and large, money buys happiness only for those who lack the basic needs. Once you pass an income of $50,000, more money doesn’t buy much more happiness, [according to a happiness studies].
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations. Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go
outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens,
nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it shouldbe and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As long as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.

~Anne Frank

http://lightheaded.cynthiagraham.com/page/6/