Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Punta Cana or Puerto Plata?

Well....I made the Pico de Gallo, have to say "meh"...it was okay. I think, like the guacamole in general, it's an acquired taste. I did add a bit of salsa to it cause it seemed like it was "missing something" and that made it taste MUCH better. But really...if I want salsa I have other recipes that are better. So I attempted it, but probably won't be making it again, and I will clarify that this strictly falls under "chick food" Kristen wasn't a fan of it at all. I liked it a lot more than he did and he's usually the one who likes everything.
Tonight will be regular food, but tomorrow I'll be attempting another new recipe will let ya know how that one turns out later.
In other ramblings....Kristen & I are trying to plan a trip down south, we thought we might be going as soon as a couple of weeks with friends of ours, but it doesn't seem to be working out. The plan right now is to go in the spring as originally planned, maybe the Dominican Republic, since we've been to Cuba the last two years.
Any suggestions on resorts or locations? We can't seem to decide between Punta Cana and Puerto Plata....we've heard good and bad about both. I guess it mainly depends on the "type" of vacation you're looking for...so if you have been to either...please your two cents worth is GREATLY appreciated.
Til next time....

No comments: