Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Pico De Gallo & Guacamole

This is the recipe I'll be attemping this evening.....I've only had guacamole once and really enjoyed it so I figured I try this twist on it, as by Pioneer Woman (have I mentioned I'm addicted to her blog and food blog?)
Here's the recipe, and for a more illustrated version, go on over to her food website for full instructions and step by step pictures:

Pico de Gallo (and Guacamole)
Ingredients:
Five plum tomatoes (firm not soft)
1 small onion
3 jalapeno peppers
cilantro
lime juice
salt

Directions:
Dice jalapenos without seeds, dice tomatoes, and dice onions.
Chop cilantro til relatively fine but not minced.
Mix all in bowl and squeeze 1/2 a lime juice into bowl and mix well.

Halve & Pit avocados mashed the meat but leave chunky. Fold together with generous helping of pico de gallo, add second 1/2 of lime juice. Serve.

I'll let ya know how it turns out....

No comments: