Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Year in Review

I’ve been thinking about this year in review post for quite some time now….when I think about 2007 I immediately think about how this has been THE single most interesting year in my life thus far. It has had some of it's highest highs and some if the lowest lows.
There are a lot of highs, but here's a few:
I got MARRIED!! Woo-hoo!!!!! 'nough said :)
New position at work, I wasn't very happy at my job for some time and things have really turned around.
Myrna & Jamie had Sarah, Jen & Chris got engaged.
And another year of health & happiness shared with amazing friends & family
The lows:
Passing of my Grandfather.
A very hurtful family secret was revealed.
Jen (well kind of 2006 for Jen but she made it permanent in 2007), Chris, Myrna & Jamie all moved to Nfld.
And other downs throughout the year that I feel I have over-come.
I've learned so much this past year, I've learned I still have a lot to learn, I feel wiser, less naive, I feel like I have a better understanding of who I am as a person, and actually followed through on 3 of my 6 resolutions from last year....50% ain't all bad :)
And now on to this year's resolution....I think about the word resolution itself...which makes me think of the word "resolve" and that word makes me think of Kristen.....he's the deer hunter who spends hours alone with nature…just “being still” having that time to reflect, enjoy nature, and to listen to his inner voice. And in turn it seems that he does have a stillness, a resolve, if you will, about him.
So my resolution this year is to "be still" I've realized that it's time for me to stop being busy, and just take some time to listen to myself, have that quiet time, try to make my life somehow "zen" Don't get me wrong...it's not that I think my life is chaos or that I'm unhappy, I just feel it's the next step for me to take, if I'm going to grow as a person. It does scare me though, it's a huge risk taking the time to be still and listen to your inner voice. Sometimes you hear things that you've been trying to ignore...sometimes it forces you into action, sometimes it forces you to just keep your mouth shut (this one I think will be a big one for me...lol) which in turn will probably lead to a few more "mini resolutions" but we'll see how it goes & take it from there.
Along with reading Eat, Pray, Love which encourages everyone to take time for themselves, here are a few other quotes and snipits to further my argument:
*Why Become Still? Inner stillness is the key factor for "hearing" our best lives calling to us. Of course, if we can't get still, our lives still communicate with us, but they often have to shout with such deafening voices that we can't ignore them. Our true selves are always whispering instructions about what we should do next, whether that's changing the world or just changing our attitudes. If we're still enough to hear our own inner voices at this subtle, almost silent level, we tend to choose the course through life that feels most blessed and least traumatic.

*"If you peel back the layers of your life—the frenzy, the noise—stillness is waiting. That stillness is you." —Oprah

*Harmony doesn't come from the absence of noise, it's come from the stillness of the soul - Li Ping

Happy New Year Everyone…I hope 2008 is full of peace, happiness, and the opportunity to “be still”

No comments: