Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Bunch 'O Stuff

Land broken into/onto: I don't really know how to say it correctly. We found out over the weekend that a bunch of teenage kids broke "on to" the land and broke "into" the cabin and motorhome that's there. They burned all the firewood, picnic tables and fence. And I think they stole a few things, like the trail cam that Uncle Brian had set up. It makes me mad that kids can be so disrespectful, I can even see them going and having a fire and burning all the firewood, even breaking into things to be nosey and possibly to steal stuff but what blows me away is burning picnic tables and the fence...I just don't see the purpose behind it. But then the kids can't have many morals or common sense to begin with if they're up to no good anyway.

Mini summer makeover: I'm attemping a makeover...very small one. I've been doing a tan once a week in efforts to maintain a bit of my colour since returning from Cuba (might start doing more until the weather warms up), a couple of Friday's ago I got a haircut and my bangs trimmed, they were supposed to be side bangs but I ended up with actual bangs...we won't get into that. And since Sunday I've started whitening my teeth with Crest white strips but they make my teeth ache like crazy...I'll stick with it though. I've also purchased a box of hair dye (blonde) which I need to get done sometime this week. I know once everything is done I'll still look the same but just the small tweaks here and there will hopefully put me in better spirits for the summer coming.

Pick Me UP: The mini makeover is an attempt to boost my spirits as I've been a bit down lately. I don't really want to get into it, but let's say this....I believe our lives have different areas, lifestyle, friends, work, home, hobbies (which probably falls under lifestyle) ...either way you get the point...and one of these areas has been bothering me lately. I am working on making it a better situation but in the meantime until it's where I want it to be, I'm doing what I can to keep myself in an optimistic nature which brings me to the quote of the day from Oprah's website and which I think is appropriate for me:
"Faith is not simply a patience which passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit which bears things...with blazing serene hope." -- Corazon Aquino

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sucks about the vandalism-why do people do such hateful things??

Myrna Hynes said...

I still can't believe they did that to the land...like you said, can kinda understand the party (remember those teenage years?) but to destroy things...that's horrible!

I really have to get my hair cut too, totally out of control. Maybe try that salon here in Acton.