Thursday, April 19, 2007

Happy Sunny Thursday

Today...is a good day. The sun is shining, it's going up to 15 degrees, you can tell spring is in the air and it's going to be a great weekend...what more could you ask for?
I love all seasons, I really do, I appreciate the change. But I have to admit I am pretty biased when it comes to summer cause I LOVE the hot weather. And as much as I miss home, good 'ol Nfld, I love that Ontario has such hot summers and that the warm weather starts MUCH earlier than Nfld. It's one of the "pro's" of living here and one thing I would REALLY miss if I ever did move back to the Rock.
And to top off the summer mood, Kristen is going to smoke some ribs for me tomorrow night. He is such a good bbq cook, he really does make great ribs, they take at least a couple hours of slow cooking on the bbq and when they're finished the meat falls off the bone...mmmmm. When we were grocery shopping Monday night I noticed the ribs on sale and I was like "Kristen if we get ribs will you smoke them for me?" He said "sure"...and totally made my day. I'm really not much for "pork" per se but boy do I love ribs :)
So tonight is tv night, and I still can't figure out if Ugly Betty & Grey's Anatomy are new episodes or not, the way they described tonights shows on their websites makes me think it's a re-run but on the other hand could totally be a new episode. Either way I'll be watching regardless.
What else...oh I've been reading Memoirs of Geisha and so far it's a great book. Kristen keeps reminding me how big of a nerd I am, but oh well...I love to read and I have come to terms with being a nerd. It's all good.
And back to the cooking/bbq thing...remember how I used to post recipes once a week? A looonnnggg time ago?....well for this summer I think I'll try to post a recipe once a week and include pictures of the concoctions...most of these will hopefully be Kristen's great grilling recipes but we'll see how that pans out.
Stay tuned and Bon appetite!

No comments: