Monday, January 8, 2007

Weekend In Review

Friday:
Went to hockey with Kristen, as usual, about 18 seconds left in the 3rd period and Chris Samms bumps into a guy from the opposing team. Well, they bumped into each other. Nobody's fault, just an honest accident....the guys helmet literally smashes into the side of Chris's head and gave him quite a cut above his lip. So Kristen and I brought him to the hospital and waited for 3.5 hours for Chris to get 4 stitches. By the time we brought him home and drove home ourselves it was 2:30am. I talked to Jennifer last night and his face is pretty sore but he's feeling okay. I think he's going to end up with a pretty cool hockey scar above his lip :)

Saturday:
Slept in :) Then went to Myrna's to help paint her nursery...cannot believe she is due in 10 weeks. Seriously where does the time go?
Saturday evening Kristen and I watched hockey, relaxed and ate Pizza & Wings...yum!

Sunday:
Talked to my mom, went to the grocery store, talked to Paula (my step mother in law) had tea, coffee and cookies with Kristen's Grandmother (Nan Brown), boyfriend and her sister. Had a late dinner, watch the movie The Covenant (which I must say I really liked) then talked to Jennifer while Kristen was at hockey and then talked to my dad and mom...again! Feels like all I did yesterday was talk, literally!

Not really an eventful weekend but as you can see just busy :) It was really nice visiting with Nan Brown and company since she now lives in Nfld and we don't get to see her as much. Can't wait to go home this summer and get to see all of my family and friends that I haven't seen in so long. Have a I mentioned that I've been a bit homesick lately? That's my usual January thing :(

2 comments:

Ickie said...

I know how you feel about being homesick. I also watched The covenent on the weekend and liked it. I watched Miami Vice also, its a guy movie but i like it.

Myrna Hynes said...

I liked the convenant too - and I also can't believe it's only 10 weeks to go for me and baby!
Gotta try and see Chris's hockey injury - wonder if he's still all panicky about getting a scar.