Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Goose Hunting

Kristen went goose hunting yesterday after work and look what him and Corey got!?!?!
For those of you who haven't tried goose, it has a similar taste to moose and the meat is VERY tough. Kristen wants to bottle it, I want to cook it in the slowcooker. Either way the meat is frozen now and we'll decide when the time comes.



In other news, I haven't been driving the new car much, I did tell Kristen that I still want to learn how to drive the car (currently I SUCK at driving a 5 speed) but I don't think I'll be the primary driver. I take the 401 home everyday and it's bad enough dealing with road rage and stop and go traffic in an automatic let alone a standard. So for now, I'll learn how to drive her, but will not be taking her to work on a daily basis. Sad I know cause I love the GOLF so much, but hey, any car is better than no car.
ALSO, not sure if you have heard of "Operation Christmas Child" but for those of you in the GTA who read my blog, please consider giving this year. I'll even come pick up the shoebox from you. Here's the link: http://www.samaritanspurse.ca Myrna volunteers to do this every year, and is the one who gets my butt in gear for such a great cause. I myself will be getting my shoe box ready this weekend for her. If you're considering giving this holiday season and you're not sure to which charitable foundation, I strongly recommend this one.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I`ve never even tried to drive a standard-Cory will have to teach me one day

Myrna Hynes said...

It's been ages for me too since driving a standard but then I was out in the country so it's a bit different - I'd be SO scared on the highway.

I remember Granny's geese back home - they were yummy and juicy (but not quite as good as duck), not gamey at all if I remember but again, it's been a while.

Anonymous said...

First when I got a standard I hated it, now that I don't have it anymore I really miss it. Next one I buy is going to be a standard, they are so fun to drive.

Anonymous said...

testing the new blogger thing