Friday, June 30, 2006

Upcoming Girls Weekend

Time goes so fast, I can't believe it's been a year since our last girls weekend, and with a family tragedy. And here we are, the annual trip away. And hopefully this year without any tragedy. Sidenote: Thoughts will be with you Uncle B & E on the upcoming anniversary of your wifes death.

The boys left yesterday to go camping, they'll be returning on Sunday. This evening the girls will be heading to the cottage and returning on Monday. Weather is questionable, calls for showers and temperatures in the low 20's, that's not so warm temperatures in my opinion, I've packed lots of sweats just in case :)

It was weird being home without Kristen last night, since we don't spend many nights apart and those who know me realize I'm THE biggest baby you will ever meet. When I was a kid I would go to sleepovers and cry to go home or literally be throwing up the next morning cause I would make myself "homesick" through-out the night somehow. Now that I'm older I don't "cry" for mom & dad but just transferred to being homesick for Kristen. Even now when I get nervous about something in general, I can feel that "sick" feeling in my stomach.

And yet, last night I was okay. It took me a bit of time to get to sleep (not because of Kristen but because of sleeping so long on the drive home yesterday afternoon, traffic was a bitch) but once I feel asleep, it was good. Normally I'm awake most of the night tossing and turning. When I got up this morning I thought for sure I'd have the nervous stomach and anxious about travelling today but nope, I feel perfect!

Now this might sound bad for Kristen, cause it's like oh she doesn't even miss him anymore. Not so! I'm still a big baby and miss him lots, BUT I do see this as me "growing up" I take it as me being more independant and secure in who I am, oh and less needy. Yes I'm very needy too....lol. I see this as a small but very important hurdle that I've finally overcome as a person. Well let's wait to see how the weekend goes once I'm away with the girls, but I still know that this is good for me. Time apart from that significant other is important in any relationship, it's time to re-group, get refreshed, and have that oh so important bonding time with your girlfriends and just go on about the things that guys don't get or care to get.

Anyway...I've rambled on quite enough for one day. Will post pics when I return, I'm taking the manual camera (that's another post for another day) so how quickly I post the digital pics will depend on how quickly the girls email me their copies :)

Happy CANADA DAY everyone!!

No comments: