Thursday, March 2, 2006

Dentist

I just returned from the dentist, had to get a filling. I actually don't mind going to the dentist...mind you I don't look forward to it but I don't cringe in fear or wish bad things on my dentist and his family.

Well....my experience in the past you get a needle, you get your filling, and then you go on and on about how your mouth feels so funny because its frozen. Today my dentist found it necessary to give me two needles. I cannot believe how weird it feels, its like being numb to the extreme...it's gone up to my ear, right under my eye, down to my chin...and I keep wiping my lip cause it feels like I'm drooling (no I'm not drooling).

I really hope a lot of the numbness goes soon cause I'll end up biting my tongue off just trying to eat lunch. The dentist gave me the usual warning no eating or drinking anything hot until you get feeling back, I hope lukewarm is okay cause its only 11:20am and I'm already thinking about my yummy homemade turkey burger that I have for lunch. I'm thinking I'm going to have to cut it into small pieces and eat it with a fork cause I can't get my mouth open wide enough (can you see that now) but at least I'll be eating...I love food, food is so great :)

Anyway figured I'd blog about my numb face and my tongue that feels so fat that it just shouldn't fit in a mouth this small (he he) notice I have lots of time on my hands these days? That's cause the girls keep taking my work so they can practice before I leave....good in a way but makes the days go long and that's not good. Only 6 sleeps and I'm off to the new place of employment.

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

I remember the numbness but I haven't had it for a while since I get sedated and by the time I wake up it's gone. lol. If I was there I would definetly have to tease you. lol