Monday, December 19, 2005

Home Sweet Home

It was a great weekend! Friday night I finished most of my shopping, then headed to Kristen's hockey game. Saturday I spent the day decorating the tree, cleaning and then went to Vicky's and Corey's House warming/Tips Eve party. Had a great time, met some new people and hung out with the usual friends. Sunday I did some scrapbooking (the retirement gift previously mentioned) and then headed to Myrna's house to watch her wedding video. Which I cried through cause its just so awesome but sad that I missed it. When I got home I just re-heated some leftovers for Kristen and myself for dinner then he headed off to hockey. I decided not to go since it was a later game.

For my evening home I decided to watch a movie, The Family Man was playing on tv so I figured that was a good choice. I turned off all the lights and just curled up on the couch to the lights of the Christmas tree. I was about half way through the movie and during a commercial break was just staring at the tree and realized that I finally felt at home. I finally felt that I was settled that this house was my own and not just some new place I moved in too. It was such a weird feeling that I can't even really explain it, but I felt so comfortable and at home. Makes me look forward to Christmas morning even more than ever now.

1 comment:

Daph's Amazing Kids said...

That's awesome that you are so comfortable in your new home. I finally realized that my home was in Calgary when I went to NFLD for a visit and I got homesick. Funny how things change.