Monday, November 21, 2005

Sick :(

Last Saturday night we went to a benefit dance and stayed at Jen's and Chris's house, to get up Sunday morning with a bit of a scratchy throat. By monday had a cold or so I thought, all week I've been sneezing, runny nose, cough and a REALLY sore throat. Sore enough that finally on friday I called in sick and didn't do much the whole weekend. And so sore that 9am yesterday morning I'm crying to Kristen (who's been amazing, get to that in a minute) cause it hurts so much and I can't understand why a cold is lasting so long. Which brings me to today, I come in to work (cause my Doctor is in Brampton anyway) and make a Dr's appt. I head over to find out the reason I'm not getting better is because its a sinus infection. Which confuses me cause if it's my sinues then why does my throat hurt so bad, but research on the net tells me that the "postnasal drip" is what causes the sore throat, cough, and the hoarseness (I haven't had a sensible voice since Wed I think) so lunchtime I'm off to the drugstore to get my prescription filled and hopefully start feeling some relief on my throat VERY soon.

As for Kristen, he's been wonderful. He swept, mopped, and vacuumed, did the laundry, loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the garage (something I wouldn't have done anyway) and who knows how much more he's helped out since I've been sick. I've noticed he helps with these things anyway just not on a such a consistant basis or without being asked :) Yesterday when I was upset he just playfully patted my head and laughed at first but then he just stayed in bed with me til I wasn't upset anymore. Of course, I start feeling guilty that he's doing so much but I kept reminding myself that I'm not faking sick cause who would stay home on the WEEKEND when you don't have too, and that I know for sure someday I'll be returning the favour to him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This Kristen guys sounds like an amazing boyfriend..
he seems very cool....


hehe, guess who?

Myrna Hynes said...

Dear Anonymous,
You obviously don't know him...
LMAO!

Christa,
Milk it for all its worth cause it's doesn't happen every day. ha, ha...seriously tho', awesome of him to take care of you so well. All a part of the "job". Hope you feel better soon.