Monday, June 27, 2005

Quotes about being "alone"

I just rec'd my copy of Oprahs newsletter via email for July. She's encouraging everyone to take time for yourself and enjoy being alone. Here are some of the quotes she listed on her site, hopefully they'll inspire you to take time to reflect, relax, and rejuvenate on these hazy lazy days of summer.

"Follow your own path, and let people talk." -Dante

"Solitude is sweet." -William Cowper

"I restore myself when I'm alone." -Marilyn Monroe

"When we lose the right to be different, we lose the right to be free." -Charles Evans Hughes

"Solitude is for me a fount of healing which makes my life worth living." -C.G. Jung

"Shine alone, shine nakedly, shine like bronze." -Wallace Stevens

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude." -Henry David Thoreau

"Alone, I am drunk on my thoughts." -Mason Cooley

No comments: