Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th

Not sure how I feel about today, I am pretty superstitious with just about every old wives tale I've ever heard of. This one I'm still on the fence. For the most part nothing terrible has happened on this day and usually it ends up being like any other Friday. However, in the spirit of things, figured I should share some of my superstitions.

-Never walk under a ladder
-Never pass someone on the stairs
-Cannot leave through a different door than what you entered (sorry Bob Green)
-Have to draw crosses in front of you, as single crow crosses your path (saw Ruby, Marinas mom do this when we were kids, figured I better not mess with that if someones MOM does it)
-Never try on someone else's engagement or wedding ring
-Cannot walk down the aisle with your significant other before you're married (example in someone elses wedding)
-Never look in a mirror in the dark
-If you dream someone dies, someone is pregnant
-If you dream someone is pregnant, someone is going to die
-If you dream about someone who is already dead, someone is going to die (Myrna told me this one)
-If you trip up the steps (I always thought you wouldn't get pregnant, Kristen tells me this also means someone is pregnant, scary thing is, so far he's been right)
-Can't throw out water on Good Friday (just remember being told this once when I was a kid by my mom, cannot remember the reason why, for sure some religious reasons)

-I do remember in Grade 12 I was going to Corner Brook to have my grad pictures taken and I had a "sty" or "wist" on my buttom eyelid. If you don't know what that is, I can only describe it as a hard pimple type red bump. So Nan took her wedding band off, washed it, then crossed my eye 9 times where the sty was...now here's the scary part. Sure enough, the next day it was pretty much gone. I was amazed and completely terrified all the same time, my grandmother is very religious but I'm convinced this is border line witchcraft! lol.

That's all I can think of right now, I will add more as they come to me.

No comments: