Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Wednesday....

...and I'm tired.
It's really hit me how busy I was all summer with my photography, full time job, home life and social life. Oh not to mention a baby on the way!
Officially my photography season is over, with the exception of 2 photo shoots left to take place. But I'm definitely not taking anymore bookings. I'm too big and too awkward.
However, that being said I can't believe how awesome this summer ended up being, I really had no idea the power of Facebook. Which is where the majority of my bookings stemmed from. 
So if you're looking to start your own business or promote a project you're working on, I would strongly recommend going that route.
My only dilemma now is deciding when I should go pro.
I know I'm up'ing my pricing next year, I just don't know by how much yet, because there's no WAY possible I can maintain the schedule I had this summer, have a child, and hope to go professional where the photography would be my source of income. 
At my rates.....I'd lose my house the first month in business.....LOL.
-------------------
But it's such a fine line of keeping clients, losing clients, and justifying costs that MOST people are ignorant too and just won't pay a "professional" photographer the rates they need to charge to survive. 
Especially when everyone pretty much owns their own awesome digital SLR these days.
Oh well....I know its my goal and I'm not giving up.
I have all winter to ponder these questions, scenarios and decide if I want to launch in 2010.
Again you my friends, your input is always welcomed because you are all so honest with me. 
And its questions I can put here that I wouldn't necessarily pose on my photography blog. You know keeping it professional and all :)
-------------------
Today's Quote
"You can have anything you want - if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, have anything you desire, accomplish anything you set out to accomplish - if you will hold to that desire with singleness of purpose"
~Robert Collier

No comments: