Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Update: 16 weeks

Well another Midwife appt down.
Everything went well, Kristen was with me and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time.
All seems to be progressing as it should be. Which was a huge relief since I girl I know from highschool was almost full term and lost her baby. I don't really know the full details, all I do know is that there will be a funeral for their precious baby girl and I know I'm completely devestated by the news.
I cannot even imagine the pain they're feeling right now.
Because of that news I had been feeling quite a bit of anxiety the last few days about my own pregnancy.
But I've accepted that whatever is meant to be will be and I can only deal with things when or if they come.
I know I have an amazing support system no matter what should happen.
My thoughts & prayers are with the highschool friend & her family at this time.
On a bit of a lighter note here's my newest belly pic at 16 weeks, to date I've gained 9lbs total:
Today's Quote:
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

4 comments:

..HEATHER said...

ahhh...sooo cute--looks good on you !!!! A face would be nice to go with that belly though!!LOL Hope to see you this summer when you come home! Take Care!!!

Tara said...

Holy MOMMA....don't twins run in your family? I LOVE your baby bump....so sweet Christa!

Tara said...

OH MY....I just read the devastating news about your friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. If there is anything we can do (donations to a charity or something), please let us know.

Prayers will continue for your pregnancy...
Blessings,
Tara

Stephanie said...

It is so sad about her baby girl-I have thought about her and her family every day since hearing the news. There are no words...