Thursday, January 29, 2009

Then he does this!

"In your crate" I walk back down the hall to the porch closet and finish taking off my hat, scarf and coat. The tears are coming.
"What happened?"
I don't respond & instead I think 'I'm a failure' and proceed to walk to the living room.
"What happened?"
Now I'm full fledge crying "Everything!!"
"Like what?"
I throw myself on the couch, curl up in the fetal position and cry harder "Everything, the usual, the biting, the jumping. Kristen he pulled me the whole walk!"
"Where did he start? You should have brought him back"
By now the sobbing has started....."I was already around the corner,....sob.....halfway around the block, it was too far to come back....sob.....I can't do it!.....sob......he's a completely....sob.....different dog with me......sob.....I thought maybe it was my mittens....sob.....so I took them off.....sob......then he stopped biting my hands.....sob....and started biting my arm......sob, sob, sob....."
"You need to be more assertive with him"
"I can't!!!.....sob, sob......you can.......sob.......let him out......sob.....of his crate now"
Kristen goes to let Boone out of his crate, on his way back he says "He must know he did something wrong, he won't come out"
"Well a walk like that can't be enjoyable for him either" I say
About 30 seconds later Boone does come out of the room and immediately comes to me on the couch. He's never seen me cry, let alone hysterically like this. He doesn't understand, he keeps pawing at me, trying to climb up to see what's wrong.
I push him away...."See, then he does this!"
Kristen is leaning on the kitchen counter, watching.
Boone decides he's not being pushed away again and goes to the end of the couch by my feet, climbs up, curls into me, almost spooning my fetal position, and rests his chin on my legs. He sighs.....
"See!  Then he does......sob......this! and I feel.......sob........terrible!!!"
Kristen smiles and walks away.




Today's Quote:
"Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"   ~Arnold Schwarzenegger




PS:  Happy Birthday Stephy!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post makes me want to cry.

vicki

Tara said...

Ahhhhh.....that's just what they do and you can't help but TO love them! Those little rascals!!! Wishing you more luck the next time! :) Smile!

Myrna Hynes said...

Awwww!! Hope you feel better...at least he knows how to apologize :)