Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sober

So I'm a big fan of Pink's new song called Sober. I even received her new CD as my gift for the Kris Kringle ....there's a line in the song that I love!


"I don't wanna be the girl that has to fill the silence..
The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth"
 
I love that part sooooooo much. Mainly because that was my goal this year, to listen to myself and not drown myself out when something tugs at me. Something that I might not necessarily like but it's reality and its MY truth.
Overall my year to be quiet was a successful one, I've learned an enormous amount of information about myself, all of which I'm working on (maybe a new goal for 2009? I haven't decided yet). That being said a lot of 'talking' was done this year as well, lots of noise interfered in that goal for SURE! But I've acknowledge it and I have taken steps to distance myself from those triggers, influences and so on.
Cause the one thing I've found is the "noise" has done nothing but cause negative for me. It distracted me, kept me from going down the path I was trying to follow.
The song Sober and acknowledging my own flaws (trust me there's lots and some I'm pretty sure I'm still in denial about.....lol) made me think of people in general. It made me think of those people who refuse themselves ANY quiet time because they already know what they'll hear.
You know them, the people who ALWAYS have to have the tv on, or music playing or have to gossip/talk about other people, or people who want to drink maybe a little more than others. All in an effort to take any thoughts off of themselves. Cause if they don't they have to acknowledge their own flaws or things that might not be what they wanted for their lives.
Then they might actually have to DO something about it!
Now I realize a lot of my friends read this blog and I will say right now "no" I'm not talking about anyone in particular, I'm talking about people in general and in general we all know people who fall into that category of refusing to listen to their TRUE HEARTS DESIRE. That's all I'm saying...whatever their distraction might be, it's still a distraction from the truth.
Take a quiet moment today, what's MOST important to you. If you could do anything you wanted today and only today, what would it be? Now that you've decided what that is, are you living your life that way? If you are, awesome! If not, why not? What's your excuse? What do you have to lose to be happy? Not trying to depress you, I'm really not, especially this close to Christmas....but maybe now's the time to know what you want so when 2009 arrives (not that far away) you'll be pumped to take it head on and make it the most amazing year ever! Don't worry, I'm right here with you :)
 
 
 
Today's Quote
"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life"  ~Herbert Otto

3 comments:

Tara said...

AMEN Christa....I hear you. I have grown tired of trying to be what people think I 'should' be.... it's hard though, I have to admit! To 'walk to your own beat of the drum' sometimes makes you feel isolated for the short term but so overwhelmingly FULL in the long term.

Stick it out...keep up your great work!!! You are truly a gift of GOD!!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Wow that post hit home Christa. Great writing! xoxo Michelle

Myrna Hynes said...

Oh the noise...hurts my head. But sometimes it's so true...how creating the external clutter is better than facing the truth of oneself.

I haven't even heard that song...I'm SO stuck in the boonies with no radio!