Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Recipe Review: Fresh Corn with Wild Rice

This past weekend I made THIS RECIPE
Overall I would say it was okay.
Cons of this recipe:
It's kind of plain, next time I would add either more chili powder or "something" to give it a wee bit more flavour
Goes well with another dish that might have more overpowering tastes, it would compliment or tone it down.
Wouldn't recommend pairing with another plain dish.
Takes a while to bake
Pros of this recipe:
It's plain so PERFECT for picky eaters
Easy to make, mix it up pop it in the oven
Excellent as an additional sidedish
Would I make it again? Absolutely!!! I love that it's something different and combines rice and corn, both of which I love. I made this with very strong bbq sauce (smokey whisky flavour) covered chicken and I think it went well together, like I said would probably just add more chili powder. Give it a try and let me know what you think?
Today's Quote:
"Everything in life has meaning. The bigger the fall, the greater the lesson."  ~Oprah

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like a good recipe - maybe add some cumin instead of chili powder, and some diced jalapeno (sp?) for a nice little kick.