Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Disappointed

I am thoroughly disappointed with the Canadian voting population as a whole, the LOWEST turn out. Seriously only 59% of us went out to actually vote, a right & priviledge that people died for and you can't take 10 minutes out of your oh so busy schedule to have a say?
And what happens...another minority government so in two years were probably back to the polls again, spending more of our tax money. You should be ashamed if you didn't vote...you really should.
Don't say "well I dont know anything about each candidate", it's YOUR responsibility to educate yourself, you're an adult, still need mommy to hold your hand? Anyway enough ranting and going on about that for today.
Today's Quote:
"Be real and unashamed. Even of your faults" ~ Amy Bloom

2 comments:

Myrna Hynes said...

I honestly didn't have a clue about who was running, etc...bad I know!!! But I still did go out and vote. I'm thinking Women in the past fought HARD for me to have this right and priveledge so I'd better get out there and have a say.

Stephanie said...

I agre-I even convinced my sister who has never voted ever to go out and vote