Friday, August 1, 2008

Food, Fotos, Fun

Happy Friday...today's post consist of three things, as mentioned in the title,...first food....since this weekend is the Civic Holiday Long weekend a lot of you might be bbq'ing/entertaining. I'm going to give you my version of Caesar salad as your perfect side dish, I can't say it's entirely my own creation as some great girlfriends Jen & Myrna are the ones who introduced me to the oh so yummy & perfect caesar dressing.

Christa's Chicken Caesar Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce
3 tbsp Renee's Mighty Caesar Salad Dressing
3-4 strips cooked bacon (not too crispy) crumbled
2 tbsp FRESH parmesan cheese (not that powder Kraft stuff...yuck)
1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
Wash & pat dry lettuce (or use a salad spinner)
Mix in dressing and bacon
Slice/chop chicken and place on top of salad
Sprinkle cheese on top of salad.
SERVE! Easy and the BEST Caesar salad ever....if you don't have Renee's Mighty Caesar dressing then don't even bother making this recipe. The regular Renee's caesar dressing is good too but mighty has more garlic thus more kick...yum! Also notice I don't add croutons...just don't like them in this salad. Takes away from the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy.
Now the 'foto' just trying to keep with the "F" theme today...Kristen took this shot while we were in Nfld... makes me want to go back for another weekend, I miss the water :(
And last but not least..FUN! This weekend Kristen & I are headed to Algonquin Park to canoe the interior. I'm equally scared as I am excited. Scared because there's a very real possibility of seeing a bear but we've done our research and know everything to do to prevent this from happening (hopefully). Scared because we've never done this before and we might be in over our heads with the whole portaging, canoeing and literally living out of 2 backpacks until Monday. Excited because we've never done anything like this before, I can't wait to take on this new experience/adventure, to have some quiet time in nature, the way it should be, and not tainted by pollution, development, etc. Yes we have the camera packed...lots of 'fotos' to come next week. And yes, I know I still have a lot of Nfld pics to post yet as well. It's been a busy but great summer.
Wish us luck, I'm not too worried though, I found a lucky penny this morning. I'm taking it as a good sign and I have it here in my pocket to have with me all weekend :)
Til Tuesday!

No comments: