Friday, March 7, 2008

Are you Happy?

I am....
Is my life perfect? Not even close.
Do I enjoy my life to the fullest....absolutely!
Today's post I'm furthering my argument from a few weeks ago about being happy, living life to the fullest, not being a victim to your circumstances, and to stop whining and take action if you're not content with your current status. I know things aren't always cut & dry but I do believe positive thinking and a PLAN are key to happiness.
And now, on to the quotes:
"Happiness depends.../ Less on exterior things than most suppose." -- William Cowper
"Health, learning and virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem and public honour." -- Thomas Jefferson
Doing good is the greatest happiness." -- Chinese proverb
“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” - Lao-Tzu
"Everybody has been called to do something. You wouldn't be alive if you weren't." —Oprah
Your Job is What You Do, Not Who You Are.....
Heighway strongly believes in looking for other means of self-fulfillment outside of one’s paid career. “I caution my clients to be wary of having their every emotional need satisfied solely through their professional work,” says Heighway. “This can be detrimental to your self-esteem because the truth is that no job, even the one that best matches your skills and passions, is perfect.” So while having a successful career is admirable, never underestimate the value of having work/life balance. “Volunteering and extra-curricular activities are equally important to contributing to your self-worth.”
Don't worry! Be Happy!
Have a great weekend everyone :)

No comments: