Monday, January 14, 2008

I Survived...

...babysitting 3 kids on Saturday night. A 17 month old, 8 year old and 10 year old. The older kids are pretty self-sufficient, it's the 17 month old that was a bit more of a challenge. You know, with dirty diapers and all. But overall, I must say I did okay. Helps BIG time that all the kids are very well-behaved and I really didn't have to do a whole lot.
The hardest part was my lack of sleep. The baby woke up around 2:15am crying cause he wasn't used to sleeping in a playpen nor our house and refused to get back into the playpen so into the bed with Kristen and I he went. He fell asleep around 15 min later but that was basically it for my sleep for the night. I'm a very light sleeper so this extra person in the bed plus any little noise from him and I was wide awake. I doubt I'll ever actually NEED a monitor when I have my own kids.
The next morning Kristen wasn't working on the basement (like he was Saturday night) so as I was cooking breakfast he was helping to get the kids fed. Quite the system we had going. Just relieved that it went well cause it reassures me that I might, just might, be able to tackle my own kids someday. But then again, I have a feeling my kids aren't going to be as well-behaved....lol. I'm sure those will be interesting blog posts when I'm crying about my devil-children :)
Til then....Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.